Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Only A Day Late

Yes, it is Tuesday and yes I weighed this morning, God has taken off 24lbs as of today. Still going with an even stronger desire to please God than when I started, with each passing day I am losing weight, feeling better, all while growing closer to the Lord.

Decided this week to start reading the New Testament from beginning to end. I am learning so much. I know when you read the word God opens it up to you for understanding. I love learning more about the Lord and what he wants for my life.  It has also keeps me straight on this narrow path of obedience.  I feel the closeness growing everyday.  I feel I have been a toddler in Christ for awhile and it is time for me to mature. I thank the Weigh Down Workshop and the Lord for opening my eyes to this!!

I really wish more people would try this!  We need to know Food is not bad, Food is not the problem, God created Food for us to enjoy as long as we are hungry and do not overeat. Other diets focus on changing the food and deprivation but the desire to overeat is still there and the diet food leaves us wanting. We have to change our hearts desires, God made all food clean but we need to clean up our hearts, not the food. What better way to lose weight than to be able to eat what you want without thinking about diet food, all while growing closer to the Lord, and being set free from the bondage of overeating!!

1 Timothy 4 1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. 4 For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 5 because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment