Saturday, January 22, 2011

Trust Man or Trust God?

Just thought of a few things I have realized  that are man made rules, not God's rules. Thought I would share.

1. You must eat breakfast to lose weight? Man's Answer: Yes  God's Answer: No. Are we going to trust what man says or what God says?  God gave us internal mechanisms to let us know when we are hungry. When we are truly physically hungry our stomach's will Growl, this lets us know we are out to fuel and it is time to eat. If our stomach's are not growling we still have fuel in our system that needs to be burned before eating again. Think of it this way, does a baby eat just to be eating? Or do they eat when their bodies are telling them they are hungry? It is time to trust God! We trust him with our babies because he lets them know when its time to eat, so why do we have problems trusting him with our own bodies?  Have you ever known anyone to never ever have a stomach growl and literally die because they never realized they were hungry? NO! Some people may chose to ignore it and die because they refused to eat, or some people starve because they have no food but ALL people get the feeling of true hunger.  Truth of the matter is if you consume less food you will lose weight no matter what time of day you are eating. We have to forget what we have been taught by man made rules and learn to trust God!!

2.  I have to clean my plate because it's wrong to leave food because there are starving people all over the world.  Man's Answer: Yes  God's Answer: No  1st of all you don't have to leave food you can always take your left over's home and eat them later.  2nd  How are you helping anyone by eating too much and gaining weight? 3rd I realized for me to overeat is Greedy, yes there are starving children all over the world but how is eating more than my share helping them?  Is taking more than God has for me helping those children? No! In fact I feel ashamed for doing that for so long.  I just thank the Lord for opening my eyes!

3. God doesn't care how much I eat!  Man's Answer: God has bigger things to do than worry about your eating habits. God's Answer: Do not put anything before me!  Why do we eat if we are not physically hungry?
 There are lots of reasons, here are just a few:
(A) Because it tastes Good! Yes, but that comes from the Desires of Our Hearts and our hearts should belong to God not other things like Food!
(B) I had a bad day and I need comfort! That comes from the want and need of feeling good, we should be running to God for that feeling not Food.  God can give us love and comfort in return, all overeating does is makes us Fat and feel guilty and makes us want to eat more. Think about it what has overeating ever gave you that was good for you? Weight problems, heartburn, feeling sleepy, guilt, depression, those things are not something anyone would want are they?
(C) Because I love to eat! We have to stop loving false idols and start giving our whole heart to the Lord. We have to stop bowing down to the refrigerater and bow down to God alone!  We have to stop our love affair and obsession with food, and give our love to Christ!

4. We have to only eat diet foods to lose weight and cut out all the things people say are bad for us? Man's Answer: Yes   God's Answer: NO  The bible tells us that all food is now clean in the eyes of the Lord, God does not want us to stop eating, or only eat certain foods, he allows us to eat all foods he just wants us to trust him with our bodies, and stop taking more than our share. He wants us to know he will provide our next meal so we don't have to worry that we won't get more.

Just touching on a few revelations I've had thru reading the Bible and The Weigh Down workshop, my goal in this is to help as many people as I can. God is setting me free from bondage to food, even after years of being enslaved, and thru him you can be set free too!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment