Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Evil Cake Monster

Well I have decided to change my official weigh day to Tuesday because Monday's are CRAZY, and I never seem to have time to weigh or blog.

I weighed this morning and God has removed 26 lbs so far. I love seeing those numbers going down. I am feeling alot better and can move and breathe easier too. 

With each passing day it seems to get easier and easier, I am thinking alot less about food and thinking more about God and what he wants for my life. I need to be a reflection of him, both inside and out. He desires that my heart be set and focused on him and him alone.  I love that he cares enough to work on me.

Both of my daughters are having birthdays this month, Madison's is this Saturday, and Sarah's was last Thursday. One of my biggest weakness is Birthday Cake, it is one of my favorite foods. The day I picked up the cake for Sarah I brought it home and had to smell it all day long. I swear the Devil was all over me that day, saying "You know you cannot resist this cake" "Just go ahead and eat it you can make up for it later" but I also heard God say "No, do not follow your own desires, do not give in to your will, stay focused on me and my will". Through much prayer I resisted!! I waited for the right time to eat it, which was between hunger and fullness, and I ate only a couple of bites. I know that it was by the Grace of God only that I could wait, and only eat a small amount, and resist and overcome the temptation to devour it all. Thank you Lord for giving me strength to overcome the "Evil Cake Monster"!!  Don't get me wrong the cake was really great and I know it was allowed within the rules, but over indulgence is not ok, and God got me thru the temptation!!

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

No comments:

Post a Comment