Saturday, March 10, 2012

Scars

I have been thinking alot lately about the scars I have from being overweight. It's hard sometimes to look at certain places of my body because there is a  stretch mark or maybe loose skin. I have seen much worse than what I have but sometimes I have gotten discouraged over them. I have been thinking about it lately and it came to me that I abused my body, those scars are a result of the damage I did to myself when I was living in the sin of overeating, God didnt put them there, I did. Then I thought about Jesus, he wears the scars of our sin on his hands and feet, not his own sin because he never sinned, but mine and your sin. If he can carry my scars and the scars of sin of the entire world as a reminder of his sacrafice for our sins, I should not complain about having to carry my own scars of my own sin as a reminder that I am free and I never ever want to go back.  Thank you Jesus for showing me that I dont have to be perfect to be loved by you, and that I should not worry about the scars because they are a testimony and a reminder of how you set me Free.

2 comments:

  1. Never thought of it this way April. Thank you for this! You are an inspiration to me! I know I don't have hardly any weight to lose but my stretch marks are hard for me to cope with at times. But this enlightens me! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to put it!

    ReplyDelete