Thursday, March 24, 2011

Letting Go!

I didn't post on Tuesday because I have been dealing with a few things and God has shown me, I haven't been letting go. I have been losing weight and started off truly putting it in God's hands but lately I have been taking it back and trying to do it my way. What I mean by that is I find myself trying to keep up with what I am eating, counting calories or trying to figure out how many calories I am having, and also longing to get on that scale!! This is still bondage, not freedom! I realized I have to totally give up and give it all to Jesus!! Yes, I have been losing weight but God wants more than that from me, he wants my heart to fully trust him, FULLY!!! I keep trying to take control and it's not about self control, it's about God control!! Yes, I can still count calories and lose weight but that is not Freedom. Complete freedom from this addiction is turning it all over to God and trusting him 100% to take care.  This is my dessert of testing and I have to keep my eye on the promise land, which is total freedom. No more counting calories, no more thinking about calories, no more weighing once a week and depending on the scales to let me know if I am doing right.  God has been dealing with my heart and preparing me to totally let go and has shown me that this week. I will give it to you Lord!!

I have decided for now to only weigh once a month, this is gonna be hard for me, so please pray for me! I will try to do it on the 1st of the month and post my progress unless God shows me that is still too much.  I am excited because I know God will be in control of this from now on and I don't have to worry anymore I just have to be obedient. The truth shall set you Free, and I am Free indeed!! Free in the Lord and there is nothing better than that.  Please friends pray for me that I can stay strong in the Lord and stand on his promises. Thank you!!

Galatians 5:1
 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

No comments:

Post a Comment